Topics

Internet Data Match issue

camcron@...

Hi,  I operate two family history projects on FamilyHistorian 6.  One is mine and the other my wife's.  On my project I am able to access the Internet Data Match resource.  However not so on my wife's.  When I look at the Internet Data Match box under preferences it has "Disabled (requires project)".  This would seem to suggest that although I have quite an extensive amount of family information in this project, it is not a project at all as far as the programme is concerned.  Can someone advise please.

Mark

Jane Taubman

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 13:45, camcron via groups.io <camcron=sky.com@groups.io> wrote:
 This would seem to suggest that although I have quite an extensive amount of family information in this project, it is not a project at all as far as the programme is concerned.  Can someone advise please.

I suspect you have never created a Project from a Gedcom file for your wife's information, or at some point you have renamed the gedcom file with in the Project.

The best option is to use the Project Window to create a new Project from your wife's gedcom file and once you are happy everything is transferred in , delete the old files outside of the project.

--

Tom Gray

Any ideas on what could be causing the following.

When hovering over an Internet match in the Focus window it often shows a quantity of matches from both Find My Past and My Heritage. I do not have an account with either of them and I have never accepted or rejected any matches as it prompt you to open an account.

With a family of several siblings, clicking on the My Heritage link of one of them opens the Web Search pop up with further details. If I close the details, move to check another family member and then return to the first match it is no longer available. It seems as if once viewed it is no longer available.

Clicking on the Find my Past link opens the Web Search pop up but shows a blank screen with an internet link shown as below but no details. Clicking on the small green arrow on the right does nothing.

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/hints-ui/#/list/b8511ff7-a4fd-41b0-89fc-98446a06f3df?partnerId=bff1e76b-6647-436d-9569-ce49d410aae5&status=New

The link does not seem to work. I copied and pasted it to a Word Doc, enabled the hyperlink and Ctrl + Clicked on it and it came up with the following. {"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"Invalid cookie header"}

No web page at all.

I have checked the Internet Data Setting and they are all as per the FH help pages for each of the providers, Find my Past and My Heritage.

I have tried this out on several different families but the results are as described above.

Using FH v6.2 and Win 10 Pro ver 2004 with all Microsoft updates installed.

Tom Gray

Trevor Rix

Tom, your Findmypast link for Alexander Moir is a valid link. Try pasting the link to the address bar in your normal browser.

Neil Grantham

Why paste it to Word?
Just copy it to a browser and it will bring up the correct web page.

Best Wishes,

Neil

On Monday, 27 July 2020, 12:03:31 BST, Tom Gray via groups.io <tmwgray@...> wrote:

[...]

Neil, Trevor,
Pastinig into the web browser (Chrome) worked and I can see the 14 results.
My issue is why does it not show the result within FH as it used to?
Have never had to copy and paste to web browser before. Simply clicked on the green circle and the results showed up.

Tom gray

Mike Tate

Since you don’t have an account with either FindMyPast or MyHeritage, why bother with Internet Data Match hints at all?

Switch them off and use whatever research sites you do have access to.

There are also Plugins that help discover most ‘hints’ with searches of other sites such as Ancestry and FamilySerach (which is free).

Mike Tate

It is likely that the internal Web Search Page needs resetting as explained in the FHUG Knowledge Base for Internet Data Matches:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:internet_data_matches

Especially if the hints work in an external web browser.

edwardrowland45@...

Mike
I do not subscribe to FindMyPast or MyHeritage but I do to Ancestry and use FamilySearch. I am interested in your observation that there are Plugins that help discover most 'hints' with searches of other sites.

Edward Rowland

Victor Markham

I don't subscribe to either but do to ancestry. I have family tree maker and from time to time copy tree to FTM which gives me hints to ancestry. I also get emails from ancestry with hints

Victor

On 30 Jul 2020, at 19:07, edwardrowland45@... wrote:
Mike
I do not subscribe to FindMyPast or MyHeritage but I do to Ancestry and use FamilySearch. I am interested in your observation that there are Plugins that help discover most 'hints' with searches of other sites.

Edward Rowland

Mike Tate

Edward,

There are two Plugins designed to help with searching for missing sources:

Lookup Missing BMD Records

Lookup Missing Census Facts

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:internet_data_matches refers to them.

edwardrowland45@...