From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Flood via Groups.Io
Sent: 14 March 2020 15:41
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Internet Data Matching problem

I seem to have a problem with Internet Data Matching. I have matching enabled with Find my Past and in the Focus Window I can clearly see a roundel with a green figure in each person's entry. However when I click on the link the Web Search Window opens and is completely empty except for the address https://www.findmypast.co.uk/hints-ui/ in the bar. I cannot find any way of checking the link and the information at family-historian.co.uk/aidm does not seem to cover this. What am I doing wrong? Apologies if I should have posted this on FHUG, not sure what should go where.
Robert

Robert Flood

Mike,

Thanks. It all becomes clear from the wiki, I don't use Internet Explorer hence the problem. It does open in the External Web Browser, slightly less convenient but it works.

Regards
Robert

On Saturday, 14 March 2020, 15:53:55 GMT, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Robert,

You can post wherever is most convenient, but it is a bit easier to refer to the FHUG Knowledge Base from the FHUG Forums than here.

Does it work OK if you choose an External Web Browser?

If so, then try running the Write Reg IE Shell Version Plugin.

Full details are explained in https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:internet_data_matches

Regards, Mike Tate