Media files

kiwipete

How do you share media files across different projects. Is the only way is having the same media files within each project

Jane Taubman

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 07:09, kiwipete <peter@...> wrote:
How do you share media files across different projects. Is the only way is having the same media files within each project
_

You can ask FH not to copy in the media and leave it pointing at the folder for the other project, or take the hit for the duplication.

My suggestion would be though if your media needs to be in two projects it suggests you have the same people in more than one Project so you might want to consider merging the Projects.

--

kiwipete

merging projects sounds a bit scare y, but your more than right, I have maybe 3 or 4 projects and that maybe the way to go......

Mike Tate

If you decide to merge Projects then there is worthwhile advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base.

That is based on the past experience of other users and highlights some common pitfalls.

See https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=glossary:merge_compare_files

Regards, Mike Tate

merging projects sounds a bit scare y, but your more than right, I have maybe 3 or 4 projects and that maybe the way to go......

kiwipete

thanks for that info Mike, I am going try a merge and see how I go, have backups, and backups of my backups