Media for facts problems

James Pam

I have a photo of a house attached to an address fact
This media appears in the individual narrative report and I want to exclude it.
When I go to 'media for fact' the 'unlink/delete' button is greyed out.
I can activate the 'edit' button but the 'media for fact' window has all the 'exclude' buttons greyed out.
How can I solve my problem?

Lorna Craig

In the 'Media for Fact' window, do you have 'Include Source Record' Media ticked?   What you describe suggests that you have the media linked to a Source for the fact, rather than linked direct to the fact.   If you go to the Source record you should be able to edit or unlink the media there.

Lorna

On 15/02/2020 18:56, James Pam wrote:
I have a photo of a house attached to an address fact
This media appears in the individual narrative report and I want to exclude it.
When I go to 'media for fact' the 'unlink/delete' button is greyed out.
I can activate the 'edit' button but the 'media for fact' window has all the 'exclude' buttons greyed out.
How can I solve my problem?

Mike Tate

James,

The Show Media for Fact dialogue has two tick options for Include Citation Media and Include Source Record Media.

Untick those one at a time to discover where the Media is attached.

If the Media is still shown afterwards then it is actually attached to the Fact.

Otherwise it is actually attached to the Citation or the Source Record, so use the Show Media for Citation in the yellow Sources For pane.

Rather than Unlink/Delete it use the Edit button and tick Exclude from Reports.

Regards, Mike Tate