Topics

Family Historian 7 - Sync with FS

Pedro S Inácio

Dears Colleagues,

Does anyone can confirm to me if FH 7 will have any kind of synchronization functionality with Family Search?
Some application have this nowadays and I am quite interested in that too.

Thanks,
Pedro

David Potter

Hi Pedro
It would appear no one really knows. I think Calico Pie are keeping the details under wraps for now.

David

Pedro S Inácio

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Since last year I started a semi(pseudo)-migration to RootsMagic because of their sync to FS functionality.
But the real fact is that I kind of cannot stop using FH. I feel it is much superior.

I will keep dreaming Calico Pie will someday add this ability...

Em qua., 5 de fev. de 2020 às 13:35, David Potter via Groups.Io <David.potter5=googlemail.com@groups.io> escreveu:

Hi Pedro
It would appear no one really knows. I think Calico Pie are keeping the details under wraps for now.

David

David Potter

I have the same thoughts and dreams. I use Family Tree Maker 2019. I extract from FH into FTM then synch to Ancestry and FamilySearch. It's a chore but works for me. FH will always be my Master software for Genealogy.

Best David

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020, 16:52 Pedro S Inácio, <psinacio@...> wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Since last year I started a semi(pseudo)-migration to RootsMagic because of their sync to FS functionality.
But the real fact is that I kind of cannot stop using FH. I feel it is much superior.

I will keep dreaming Calico Pie will someday add this ability...

Em qua., 5 de fev. de 2020 às 13:35, David Potter via Groups.Io <David.potter5=googlemail.com@groups.io> escreveu:
Hi Pedro
It would appear no one really knows. I think Calico Pie are keeping the details under wraps for now.

David

Mike Tate

I very much doubt if FH will ever ‘synch’ with any online tree such as FS, Ancestry, FMP, MyHeritage, etc.

It may raise ‘hints’ as it does with FMP and MyHeritage, but direct ‘synch’ is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Regards, Mike Tate

[...]

Victor Markham

I use both FH and FTM. FH is what I work on all the time. From time to time I copy my tree to FTM for links to other people's trees and anything on ancestry of the names on my tree.
Sorry but I don't use the links shown on the names on FH

On 5 Feb 2020, at 20:17, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike, I agree. And this is sad,  "synch"  is really a great feature. The only reason I am using RM too.
Hints are nice, but is not even close to the sync functionality...