Date   

Re: Editing Places in FH7

Mike Tate
 

Sorry, Robert, I have to disagree with some of your advice.

Firstly, it is much clearer to refer to the Place box associated with Facts as the Place ‘field’.

To call it a Place ‘record’ is confusing in the terminology used by FH, which has at most 12 Record types (shown as tabs in the Records Window).

The Place Records are quite distinct from the Place fields and behave differently.

 

You say:

“If you only have a few results then the quickest way would be to go into each record Place field and change the spelling manually.”

and

“If there are many records fields to change the quickest way is to firstly change one INDIVIDUAL record Place field”.

 

The quickest way is to change the incorrect Place Record name via the Places tab of the Records Window. That is it ~ job done.

No merging of Place Records is needed and no risk of unlinked Place Records so no database clean-up is needed.

 

Mike Tate

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Jordan
Sent: 06 January 2021 09:12
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Editing Places in FH7

 

I am loath to say this but Mike Tate’s comment is way off the mark and he has already admitted to posting confusing comments on this matter on a different thread. I said yesterday that I would advise on methods to deal with your issue but Mike was unwise enough to contradict me before I had chance to give you the information.

You said that you have ONE record where the spelling is incorrect.

You may know of that particular record but if you are unsure the go to FIND type in the incorrect place spelling in the search field and uncheck all the boxes at the bottom except PLACE and MATCH CASE and then FIND NOW. It will list all the records where the incorrect spelling is listed. Then click DISPLAY RESULTS IN RESULTS WINOW.  That will give you a list of all the individual records and the fact which contains the incorrect PLACE. If you only have a few results then the quickest way would be to go into each record and change the spelling manually.

If there are many records to change the quickest way is to firstly change one INDIVIDUAL record to the correct spelling then go to Tools/Work with data/Places. Find the correct spelling and the incorrect spelling and highlight them and then MERGE. You can then choose, obviously, the correct spelling to merge the two records.

What FH does when a PLACE record is changed is to produce two PLACE RECORDS. One with the correct spelling and one with the incorrect spelling. Assuming that there is no longer any record containing the incorrect spelling, the first with a positive number of links and the second with 0 links (not one empty place record as suggested by Mike Tate).

To take the matter further FH builds up PLACE records with no links because it does not automatically delete those records.

If you wish to clean up your database and remove clearly unwanted and unused records then there are two options I take no credit for these. The first was suggested by Lorna Craig

You can do this in the Records window, because it remembers the last three sorts you have done and when you choose a new sort order it uses the previous sort order as a subsidiary sort. So you can sort by one category within another.

Click the column heading for Latitude/Longitude to bring all the places with no geocoding to the top of the list (I think the default sort order is ‘Sort Ascending’ but if not, right click on the column heading and choose Sort Ascending).

Then click the heading of the Links column to sort (ascending) by number of links. 

The places at the top of the list will now be those with neither links nor geocoding.

Add these to a named list and then use Lists > Empty Named List to delete the records in the list.

The second offered, I think, by Graham Kent, apologies if I have this wrong

  1. Make a copy of the PLACES query provided with fH7,
  2. On the Column tab, add a new column with a heading of "Links to" and an expression of "=LinksTo(%_PLAC%)",
  3. On the Rows tab, add a filter with condition of "Exclude unless", Expression is "%_PLAC.LATLONG%" and operator is "is null",
  4. On the Rows tab, add a filter with condition of "Exclude unless", Expression is "=LinksTo(%_PLAC%)" and operator is "is less than" and value is "1".

Both of these work fine.

Robert Jordan

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com


FH v6.2 to v7: Local Multimedia Object Titles Didn't Transfer Over

Kathy Kult
 

Hello! I just upgraded to Family Historian 7 and must say WOW!! This is a fabulous upgrade!

I've opened my GEDCOM file from Family Historian 6.2 into a new Family Historian 7 project, and all went well (so far) except for my multimedia objects. I noticed that all of my multimedia objects that were "local" to an individual record are now turned into global multimedia records. That is fine, however all of my titles have dropped off from my local objects during the switchover to a FH7 project.

NOTE: I was not using the "project" feature in FH6.2, but I am now in FH7.

In GEDCOM-eze, this means that what was coded as this in my FH 6.2 GEDCOM file:
1 OBJE
2 FORM jpeg
2 TITL Kathy Kult and Family, circa 2002
2 FILE C:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\kks-fam\public_html\photos\families\KULT-Kathy-2002.jpg
2 _DATE 2002

is now a multimedia object record link in FH7's exported GEDCOM file:
1 OBJE @O1163@

which links to this multimedia record:
0 @O1163@ OBJE
1 FILE C:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\kks-fam\public_html\photos\individuals\KULT-KathyAnn-2002.jpg
2 FORM jpeg
1 _DATE 2002
1 _KEYS Picture

The "2 TITL" highlighted above didn't get transferred for some reason.

Has anyone else experienced this when upgrading to FH7? And if so, is there a fix? If not, how do I report this as something to fix? I have over 2,000 images in my project, so adding all those titles in manually will be very onerous.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
--
Kathy Kult


Re: Editing Places in FH7

Lorna Craig
 

Robert,

 

While the bulk of the information you have given in your answer is broadly accurate, I think you may have slightly misunderstood the original problem, and therefore given a very long answer to something which has a very quick solution.   In his question, Johnfirr made it clear that he is already familiar with the MERGE technique (one of the things you mention) but cannot use it in this case because he doesn’t have a pair of records to merge, he only has one record for the Place and it has the incorrect spelling.  So he simply needs to know how to change the spelling in that one Place record.  John’s problem was that he didn’t know how to edit the name in the title field of the place record.

 

A reply was given by Andrew Braid a few minutes after the original question came in: “When you want to edit the place name click on the box with three dots on the right hand side of the name.”   Alternatively simply double-click in the name field.   This opens the Edit Place Name window, where the name can be changed.  This change will then apply to every instance of the use of that Place.   There will be no left over unused Place record.  Job Done. 

 

Lorna

 

From: Robert Jordan
Sent: 06 January 2021 09:12
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Editing Places in FH7

 

I am loath to say this but Mike Tate’s comment is way off the mark and he has already admitted to posting confusing comments on this matter on a different thread. I said yesterday that I would advise on methods to deal with your issue but Mike was unwise enough to contradict me before I had chance to give you the information.

You said that you have ONE record where the spelling is incorrect.

You may know of that particular record but if you are unsure the go to FIND type in the incorrect place spelling in the search field and uncheck all the boxes at the bottom except PLACE and MATCH CASE and then FIND NOW. It will list all the records where the incorrect spelling is listed. Then click DISPLAY RESULTS IN RESULTS WINOW.  That will give you a list of all the individual records and the fact which contains the incorrect PLACE. If you only have a few results then the quickest way would be to go into each record and change the spelling manually.

If there are many records to change the quickest way is to firstly change one INDIVIDUAL record to the correct spelling then go to Tools/Work with data/Places. Find the correct spelling and the incorrect spelling and highlight them and then MERGE. You can then choose, obviously, the correct spelling to merge the two records.

What FH does when a PLACE record is changed is to produce two PLACE RECORDS. One with the correct spelling and one with the incorrect spelling. Assuming that there is no longer any record containing the incorrect spelling, the first with a positive number of links and the second with 0 links (not one empty place record as suggested by Mike Tate).

To take the matter further FH builds up PLACE records with no links because it does not automatically delete those records.

If you wish to clean up your database and remove clearly unwanted and unused records then there are two options I take no credit for these. The first was suggested by Lorna Craig

You can do this in the Records window, because it remembers the last three sorts you have done and when you choose a new sort order it uses the previous sort order as a subsidiary sort. So you can sort by one category within another.

Click the column heading for Latitude/Longitude to bring all the places with no geocoding to the top of the list (I think the default sort order is ‘Sort Ascending’ but if not, right click on the column heading and choose Sort Ascending).

Then click the heading of the Links column to sort (ascending) by number of links. 

The places at the top of the list will now be those with neither links nor geocoding.

Add these to a named list and then use Lists > Empty Named List to delete the records in the list.

The second offered, I think, by Graham Kent, apologies if I have this wrong

  1. Make a copy of the PLACES query provided with fH7,
  2. On the Column tab, add a new column with a heading of "Links to" and an expression of "=LinksTo(%_PLAC%)",
  3. On the Rows tab, add a filter with condition of "Exclude unless", Expression is "%_PLAC.LATLONG%" and operator is "is null",
  4. On the Rows tab, add a filter with condition of "Exclude unless", Expression is "=LinksTo(%_PLAC%)" and operator is "is less than" and value is "1".

Both of these work fine.

Robert Jordan

 


Re: Editing Places in FH7

Robert Jordan
 

I am loath to say this but Mike Tate’s comment is way off the mark and he has already admitted to posting confusing comments on this matter on a different thread. I said yesterday that I would advise on methods to deal with your issue but Mike was unwise enough to contradict me before I had chance to give you the information.

You said that you have ONE record where the spelling is incorrect.

You may know of that particular record but if you are unsure the go to FIND type in the incorrect place spelling in the search field and uncheck all the boxes at the bottom except PLACE and MATCH CASE and then FIND NOW. It will list all the records where the incorrect spelling is listed. Then click DISPLAY RESULTS IN RESULTS WINOW.  That will give you a list of all the individual records and the fact which contains the incorrect PLACE. If you only have a few results then the quickest way would be to go into each record and change the spelling manually.

If there are many records to change the quickest way is to firstly change one INDIVIDUAL record to the correct spelling then go to Tools/Work with data/Places. Find the correct spelling and the incorrect spelling and highlight them and then MERGE. You can then choose, obviously, the correct spelling to merge the two records.

What FH does when a PLACE record is changed is to produce two PLACE RECORDS. One with the correct spelling and one with the incorrect spelling. Assuming that there is no longer any record containing the incorrect spelling, the first with a positive number of links and the second with 0 links (not one empty place record as suggested by Mike Tate).

To take the matter further FH builds up PLACE records with no links because it does not automatically delete those records.

If you wish to clean up your database and remove clearly unwanted and unused records then there are two options I take no credit for these. The first was suggested by Lorna Craig

You can do this in the Records window, because it remembers the last three sorts you have done and when you choose a new sort order it uses the previous sort order as a subsidiary sort. So you can sort by one category within another.

Click the column heading for Latitude/Longitude to bring all the places with no geocoding to the top of the list (I think the default sort order is ‘Sort Ascending’ but if not, right click on the column heading and choose Sort Ascending).

Then click the heading of the Links column to sort (ascending) by number of links. 

The places at the top of the list will now be those with neither links nor geocoding.

Add these to a named list and then use Lists > Empty Named List to delete the records in the list.

The second offered, I think, by Graham Kent, apologies if I have this wrong

  1. Make a copy of the PLACES query provided with fH7,
  2. On the Column tab, add a new column with a heading of "Links to" and an expression of "=LinksTo(%_PLAC%)",
  3. On the Rows tab, add a filter with condition of "Exclude unless", Expression is "%_PLAC.LATLONG%" and operator is "is null",
  4. On the Rows tab, add a filter with condition of "Exclude unless", Expression is "=LinksTo(%_PLAC%)" and operator is "is less than" and value is "1".

Both of these work fine.

Robert Jordan


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Editing Places in FH7

Mike Tate
 

I am sorry to contradict Rob, but changing Place names in Individual record Fact Place fields is unwise for the very reason he gives.

It creates a brand new empty Place record and leaves the misspelt Place record behind with any Lat/Long geocoding, linked Media, Notes, etc.

 

Also if that Place name is misspelt in several Facts then each one must be changed by hand.

 

The neat way is to edit the Place record via the Places tab in the Records Window or via the Tools > Work with Data > Places... window.

That one change then updates every Place name linked to that Place record and all the Place record details are retained intact.

 

Mike Tate

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Jordan
Sent: 05 January 2021 21:05
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Editing Places in FH7

 

Hi John

The way to make amendment is in the Indivual record so locate the individual containing the incorrect spelling and change it there. The incorrect spelling will still be held in the places record. If you want to completely delete record in place record there are ways. I will send details tommorrow

 

Rob Jordan

 

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, 19:01 johnfirr via groups.io, <johnfirr=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I decided to do a tidy up on my list of places in FH7. In some cases I have duplicate places because I may have changed how I have input over the years and using merge records has been perfect for sorting these out.

However I have hit a problem where I have a single place occurrence with a typo. So for instance I have a place recorded as Camberwell, london, England. I have put lower case l rather than L at start of London. This not only looks messy but it means Maps is not geocoding this particular place. Problem is I cant seem to edit the word London. I can select the record but it wont let me change anything. Am I missing something obvious?
thanks
John Firr


Re: Editing Places in FH7

Robert Jordan
 

Hi John
The way to make amendment is in the Indivual record so locate the individual containing the incorrect spelling and change it there. The incorrect spelling will still be held in the places record. If you want to completely delete record in place record there are ways. I will send details tommorrow

Rob Jordan

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, 19:01 johnfirr via groups.io, <johnfirr=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I decided to do a tidy up on my list of places in FH7. In some cases I have duplicate places because I may have changed how I have input over the years and using merge records has been perfect for sorting these out.

However I have hit a problem where I have a single place occurrence with a typo. So for instance I have a place recorded as Camberwell, london, England. I have put lower case l rather than L at start of London. This not only looks messy but it means Maps is not geocoding this particular place. Problem is I cant seem to edit the word London. I can select the record but it wont let me change anything. Am I missing something obvious?
thanks
John Firr


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Mike Tate
 

No problem. Glad it has been resolved successfully.

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Sandell
Sent: 05 January 2021 19:19
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

 

Mike, Lorna
Many thanks.
Having followed your instructions to reset "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" ro default I have solved my problem.
I have only just cpme back to FH after a few years away and had forgotten some of the things I did in the early days, and, yes, I now agree that it is a bad idea to alter defaults.
Thank you
Sorry to have been such a pain.
Regards
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Alan Sandell
 

Mike, Lorna
Many thanks.
Having followed your instructions to reset "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" ro default I have solved my problem.
I have only just cpme back to FH after a few years away and had forgotten some of the things I did in the early days, and, yes, I now agree that it is a bad idea to alter defaults.
Thank you
Sorry to have been such a pain.
Regards
Alan


Re: Editing Places in FH7

Andrew Braid
 

Yes. I had exactly the same problem. When you want to edit the place name click on the box with three dots on the right hand side of the name.


On Tue, Jan 5, 2021, 19:01 johnfirr via groups.io <johnfirr=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I decided to do a tidy up on my list of places in FH7. In some cases I have duplicate places because I may have changed how I have input over the years and using merge records has been perfect for sorting these out.

However I have hit a problem where I have a single place occurrence with a typo. So for instance I have a place recorded as Camberwell, london, England. I have put lower case l rather than L at start of London. This not only looks messy but it means Maps is not geocoding this particular place. Problem is I cant seem to edit the word London. I can select the record but it wont let me change anything. Am I missing something obvious?
thanks
John Firr


Editing Places in FH7

johnfirr@...
 

I decided to do a tidy up on my list of places in FH7. In some cases I have duplicate places because I may have changed how I have input over the years and using merge records has been perfect for sorting these out.

However I have hit a problem where I have a single place occurrence with a typo. So for instance I have a place recorded as Camberwell, london, England. I have put lower case l rather than L at start of London. This not only looks messy but it means Maps is not geocoding this particular place. Problem is I cant seem to edit the word London. I can select the record but it wont let me change anything. Am I missing something obvious?
thanks
John Firr


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Mike Tate
 

Yes, Lorna makes a valid point.

I still advise that you reset the standard "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" to defaults.

If you need a version with just textual adjustments and one with Flag conditions too then…

Clone your (custom) version and adjust its name in New Scheme Name to identify that Flag conditions exist.

Then in the original (custom) version clear the Flag conditions on each Item as Lorna describes.

 

Mike Tate

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lorna Craig via groups.io
Sent: 05 January 2021 18:00
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

 

Mike's reply came in just before mine.  His suggestion (reverting to installation settings in the original text scheme) is certainly quicker if the only modifications you have made to the scheme are the flag conditions.  But if you have made any other changes which you still want to use in your new diagram while only removing the flag conditions, you will need to add those other changes back again.   If the flag conditions are the only change you have made, use Mike's method.

On 05/01/2021 17:44, Lorna Craig via groups.io wrote:

It sounds as if you  have modified the Text scheme at some point in the past, to add a flag condition.

I suggest you start by making a clone of the current Text scheme, so that you can revert to it as your default scheme afterwards.  Then, working on the cloned copy, click Edit Text Scheme.  Now select one of the lines in the right hand pane of the next window, for example Birth, and click Edit at the bottom.  I think you will find there is a Flag Condition set in the lower right area of the next window. Untick that box and click OK. 

If you now apply that modified scheme to your diagram you should find the Birth details are showing for everyone.  You will need to remove the flag condition for each of the lines of data you want to display. 

Lorna

On 05/01/2021 17:14, Alan Sandell wrote:

Mike
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I am using "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" as a text scheme. And if I delete the Private and Living flags from one of the people I do get the Birth and Marriage info for that person.
And, yes, I have in the past experimented with text schemes and found that there can be too much in a box - it's a matter of striking a balance.
Alan

 


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Lorna Craig
 

Mike's reply came in just before mine.  His suggestion (reverting to installation settings in the original text scheme) is certainly quicker if the only modifications you have made to the scheme are the flag conditions.  But if you have made any other changes which you still want to use in your new diagram while only removing the flag conditions, you will need to add those other changes back again.   If the flag conditions are the only change you have made, use Mike's method.

On 05/01/2021 17:44, Lorna Craig via groups.io wrote:

It sounds as if you  have modified the Text scheme at some point in the past, to add a flag condition.

I suggest you start by making a clone of the current Text scheme, so that you can revert to it as your default scheme afterwards.  Then, working on the cloned copy, click Edit Text Scheme.  Now select one of the lines in the right hand pane of the next window, for example Birth, and click Edit at the bottom.  I think you will find there is a Flag Condition set in the lower right area of the next window. Untick that box and click OK. 

If you now apply that modified scheme to your diagram you should find the Birth details are showing for everyone.  You will need to remove the flag condition for each of the lines of data you want to display. 

Lorna

On 05/01/2021 17:14, Alan Sandell wrote:
Mike
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I am using "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" as a text scheme. And if I delete the Private and Living flags from one of the people I do get the Birth and Marriage info for that person.
And, yes, I have in the past experimented with text schemes and found that there can be too much in a box - it's a matter of striking a balance.
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Lorna Craig
 

It sounds as if you  have modified the Text scheme at some point in the past, to add a flag condition.

I suggest you start by making a clone of the current Text scheme, so that you can revert to it as your default scheme afterwards.  Then, working on the cloned copy, click Edit Text Scheme.  Now select one of the lines in the right hand pane of the next window, for example Birth, and click Edit at the bottom.  I think you will find there is a Flag Condition set in the lower right area of the next window. Untick that box and click OK. 

If you now apply that modified scheme to your diagram you should find the Birth details are showing for everyone.  You will need to remove the flag condition for each of the lines of data you want to display. 

Lorna

On 05/01/2021 17:14, Alan Sandell wrote:
Mike
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I am using "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" as a text scheme. And if I delete the Private and Living flags from one of the people I do get the Birth and Marriage info for that person.
And, yes, I have in the past experimented with text schemes and found that there can be too much in a box - it's a matter of striking a balance.
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Mike Tate
 

Alan,

In that case, you are NOT using the default standard "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" Text Scheme but an edited version that has Flag conditions.

It is dangerous to edit any standard FH feature because it is then difficult for remote assistance (like me) to understand what is happening.

 

So this what to do:

Open the Diagram > Options > Text tab and select the "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" Text Scheme.

Click the “Clone…” button so you get an additional "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes (custom)" Text Scheme holding your custom edited version.

Now ensure the standard "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" Text Scheme is selected and click the “Edit…” button.

In the Edit Text Scheme dialogue click the “Installation Settings” button at the bottom to restore the defaults which have no Flag conditions.

The Diagram boxes should now display all the details regardless of Living and Private flags.

 

Mike Tate

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Sandell
Sent: 05 January 2021 17:14
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

 

Mike
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I am using "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" as a text scheme. And if I delete the Private and Living flags from one of the people I do get the Birth and Marriage info for that person.
And, yes, I have in the past experimented with text schemes and found that there can be too much in a box - it's a matter of striking a balance.
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Alan Sandell
 

Mike
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I am using "Birth, Marr, Death, Rec Notes" as a text scheme. And if I delete the Private and Living flags from one of the people I do get the Birth and Marriage info for that person.
And, yes, I have in the past experimented with text schemes and found that there can be too much in a box - it's a matter of striking a balance.
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Mike Tate
 

OK, in Diagrams, what text gets displayed depends on the Text Scheme chosen on the Diagram > Options > Text tab.

I suspect you have selected a Text Scheme such as ‘Name Only’ whereas the default is ‘Birth, Marr, Death’ which displays more than it suggests.

i.e. Name, Photo, Alternative Names, Birth or Baptism, Marriage, Death or Burial

 

There are lots of standard Text Schemes to choose from, and others to download from the FHUG Knowledge Base, or you can Clone your own.

 

It is not advisable to include every detail of every fact of every person in a Diagram (like you would in a Report) because it makes the boxes too large.

 

Mike Tate

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Sandell
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

 

Mike
I'm sorry if I misled you - the diagram I have of my descendents shows all the people but apart from names and pictures there are no details like birth dates displayed. I am making the assumpton that it is the Living and Private flags that are hiding those details.

You were correct when you said: "I thought you wanted Diagrams to display all people and details regardless of what record Flags they have, i.e. don’t hide anything" but you are incorrect in saying " the Living and Private flags are NOT hiding anything in the Diagram as they do in Reports"

And you are correct when you say "I thought you want Diagrams to disregard Living and Private flags." They apparently don't do that, but that is what I want.

Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Alan Sandell
 

Mike
I'm sorry if I misled you - the diagram I have of my descendents shows all the people but apart from names and pictures there are no details like birth dates displayed. I am making the assumpton that it is the Living and Private flags that are hiding those details.

You were correct when you said: "I thought you wanted Diagrams to display all people and details regardless of what record Flags they have, i.e. don’t hide anything" but you are incorrect in saying " the Living and Private flags are NOT hiding anything in the Diagram as they do in Reports"

And you are correct when you say "
I thought you want Diagrams to disregard Living and Private flags." They apparently don't do that, but that is what I want.

Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Mike Tate
 

Alan,

Maybe I have misunderstood your original request.

I thought you wanted Diagrams to display all people and details regardless of what record Flags they have, i.e. don’t hide anything.

So the Diagram you have in front of you appears to do that.

It shows all your descendants’ details even though they have Living and Private flags set.

In other words, the Living and Private flags are NOT hiding anything in the Diagram as they do in Reports.

 

Yes, the Diagram > Options > Boxes > Conditions can show Icons for nominated Flags, but that does not hide anything.

 

Why do you want to undisable Living and Private flags? I thought you want Diagrams to disregard Living and Private flags.

 

Mike

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Sandell
Sent: 05 January 2021 12:07
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

 

Mile
I have a diagram in front of me that only shows names and photos for my descendents that I have living and a private flags set.
In Diagram Options Text I have the Condition Record Flag set with two flags (Tree and EndOfLine) which show me relevant icons on diagrams.
You say "The Text Scheme Items have the option to make them conditional on a Flag but that is disabled by default." - how do I undisable Living and Private flags?
Thanks
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Frances Atherton
 

Hi Alan I was mistaken. Please seeMijes email reply. 

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 at 12:06, Alan Sandell <alan@...> wrote:
Mile
I have a diagram in front of me that only shows names and photos for my descendents that I have living and a private flags set.
In Diagram Options Text I have the Condition Record Flag set with two flags (Tree and EndOfLine) which show me relevant icons on diagrams.
You say "The Text Scheme Items have the option to make them conditional on a Flag but that is disabled by default." - how do I undisable Living and Private flags?
Thanks
Alan


Re: Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

Frances Atherton
 

Yes very sorry to mislead people 😁

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 at 12:04, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Frances was mistaken and there are no such Diagram Options.

Please, see my reply.

Mike Tate

 

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Sandell
Sent: 05 January 2021 12:00
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Override Private and Living Flags temporarily

 

Sorry, but I can't see how to adjust the settings to show living people.in diagram options.

261 - 280 of 2684