Thanks for that BobH, I actually just worked it out another way <[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]Mar><[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]Jun><[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]Sep><[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]Dec>

But your version is a lot neater and efficient, thank you.

Rob

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 11:36:07 BST, <rmwhunter@...> wrote:

What you need is a conditional expression: something along the lines of :

<[?:Registration Quarter=Q1]March|[?:Registration Quarter=Q2]June|[?:Registration Quarter=Q3]September|[?:Registration Quarter=Q4]December>

Where the whole expression is surrounded by the <> brackets and each part of the expression is divided by the | bar

This expression is asking “if the [Registration Quarter] field is “Q1” then type plain text “March” if not then evaluate the next expression” and so on

BobH

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 02 July 2020 10:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Online Repository Assistant.

This works for one Qtr [Registration Quarter:replace:Q4:Dec], but how do I look for the other three as well?

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 10:17:05 BST, Robert Lund <lundr2001@...> wrote:

Learnt a bit more more, now my script looks like:

{FAST}[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN*4}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District:uppercase] Volume [Volume:lowercase] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname:uppercase]

Changed how fast the data is entered into the form, and Changed mother's name and District to all uppercase - this is how I like it. The only thing I'm now stuck on, is changing the Registration Quarter from Q4 to Dec?

Output now looks like:

Q4 1878

Secondary evidence

1878 Q4 in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699 (I would prefer it to be 1878 Dec in KENDAL Volume 10b Page 699

Mother SCOTT

Hope this helps

Rob

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 09:31:54 BST, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001@...> wrote:

There is a {PAUSE} key Patricia, that might work.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:18, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you, that's a good idea. But, I think you can stop the auto text and receive a prompt as there's a video from Chris online showing it done.  At least that's what it looks like to me. It doesn't show the template though so I don't know how she does it.

Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:25, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I don’t think that the script allows you pause during execution. I chose the Secondary evidence option because that is what I normally use for this type of entry. If you need to leave it at it’s default of no selection, and enter your own selection after the script has finished, then just take out the {DOWN} instructions.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:27, waltonnz <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I think I've worked it out. The Registration Quarter and year went into Entry Date, then tab down to Assessment and choose Secondary Evidence, then tab to Where Within Source and enter Registration Year in Reg District Volume and and Page numbers, then tab to Text From Source and enter Mother's maiden name. If I'm right I've just one question. How would you cause the auto type to stop at Assessment and allow you to choose another option? It all sounds very exciting. Thank you for sharing.

Patricia

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 06:48, Robert via groups.io <lundr2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just input this Auto Type for GRO Birth Index Source Citation. It works well so far!

[Registration Quarter] [Registration Year]{Tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Tab}[Registration Year] [Registration Quarter] in [District] Volume [Volume] Page [Page]{Tab}Mother [Mother's Maiden Surname]

Robert