Re: Marking DNA-proven ancestors in diagrams

jane.merkel@...

Thank you, Mike. I’m using a Custom Fact because I would like to include some qualifying information.

Jane

Von: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> Im Auftrag von Mike Tate
Gesendet: Montag, 29. Juni 2020 17:58
An: family-historian@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [family-historian] Marking DNA-proven ancestors in diagrams

Whether to use a Record Flag or a Custom Fact depends on what you want to record about your DNA match.

If it is simply a Yes/No for DNA Proven then a Record Flag is ideal.

If you want to record when & where DNA was Proven together with associated data and notes of why you think it is proven, then a Custom Fact is what you need.