Re: Making a book

Mike Tate

Is it only possible to use information already saved in my project?

Mostly yes, but you can also add Free Text pages, and leave Blank Pages for adding material externally.

Can I insert photos that I may not have used in the project?

Yes, either add them to Blank Pages afterwards, or insert them into a Blank Diagram to add to the book, or add them as a Media record and produce a Media Report.

How do I divide the text into chapters?

Any Report that you add from the Available Items on the left becomes a chapter.

The Edit button does not seem to cover these topics.

In the Edit Book dialogue click the Help button to get useful advice and follow its links to other help pages.

In the Publish > Books command there should be The Munros in the 20th Century book listed that you can investigate.

Regards, Mike Tate

I decided to try and make a book for one of my lines which I have already written up. I have a few questions.
Is it only possible to use information already saved in my project?
Can I insert photos that I may not have used in the project?
How do I divide the text into chapters?
The Edit button does not seem to cover these topics.
Help, please. I have never done any publishing.