Re: Hints from FMP not showing in the Web search window

Adrian Bruce

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 10:01 Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

... The Internet Explorer core shell is fundamental to Windows File Explorer, the Windows Desktop, ...

You are right that it is not being ‘developed’ or ‘supported’ which just means it is getting no new features or bug fixes

I would have thought that the core shell, being, as you say, a fundamental part of the Windows User Interface, would still be subject to bug fixes. Otherwise, that's a nice channel of attack for the black hats.

Whether the adoption of the Chrome engine in the Edge browser might affect the continued use of the IE core, I have no idea. I keep losing track of which bit the Chrome engine is an engine for! (And indeed, whether it's Chrome or Chromium!)