Re: Synchronising two computers

Mike Tate

If the size of all your Projects together exceeds 15 GB then you will need to purchase extra Google Drive storage.

Thank you for the screenshot which explains everything to me.

For those three ‘broken links’ Auto Repair Links has found matching media files within the similarly named AlanCrotty Project sitting in the Dropbox folder.

It seems you have a copy of your Family Historian Projects folder in the C:\Users\lenovo\Dropbox folder.

If have no intention of using Dropbox then delete that copy of your Family Historian Projects folder, and perhaps the Dropbox folder itself.

That will reintroduce X marks in the Tools > External File Links dialogue for those three Media records.

You need to locate the three pairs of Media records in the Records Window in order to merge them.

Select one pair of Media records and use Edit > Merge/Compare Records ensuring the one with the valid File link is top of the list.

There may be little to merge, but I am erring on the side of caution as possibly some fields and links do need merging.

With default settings, there should only be 8 Snapshot files, but FH sometimes seems to forget to purge old ones, especially if there are any Pre-revert entries.

The safest solution is to use File > Backup/Restore > Revert to Snapshot and in the Snapshot Manager dialogue Shft key select and Delete the old ones.

Then you should be good to go.