Re: Missing birth date

Jorge Planas Campos

Mike, a stupid question was what I put forward just before. The obvious answer to eliminate the “nació” if there is no Birth Tag is {individual} <nació el {date:ABBREV3}> <en {%FACT.PLAC:SHORT%}>

I’ve been at this too long today, and you too, so let’s quit and have a beer.

Jorge

(PS: been trying to understand the functions and how to use them, but with little result up to now. Downloaded the PSPad Editor and all)

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: jueves, 28 de mayo de 2020 18:53
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Missing birth date

Yes, I can see your Spanish dilemma.

The attached Add Missing Birth Event Plugin should work.

If it does not do what you want, then Edit > Undo Plugin Changes will remove the Birth events.

Or you can use File > Backup/Restore > Revert to Snapshot.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jorge Planas Campos
Sent: 28 May 2020 17:31

I’m sorry Mike if I confusing you. Let’s go back to basics: it would be very helpful and I would be very thankful if you could provide a plugin to put a Birth Tag whenever a Birth or Baptism Tags exist. That will surely finish the problem and will allow me to go back to the other (Death, Will, Marriage, etc.) Spanish sentences without the {individual}.

Jorge

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: jueves, 28 de mayo de 2020 18:26

I am not quite sure what point you are making. In the case of Elisabet Carner the report should say:

Elisabet CARNER made a will on 26 December 1710 in St. Esteve. She died between 1707 and February 1711.”

That assumes the Will event starts its Sentence Template with the {individual} code.

I did try making the bold Name or the He/She conditional on any preceding fact, but could not find a solution.

Remember it is not just whether a Birth or Baptism exists, but whether any fact exists before the Death event, as in the case of Elisabet Carner and Will above.

So the {individual} paradox applies to every fact because any fact can come first.

With {individual} you get the Name if the fact is first or He/She otherwise.

Without {individual} you always get nothing wherever the fact is positioned.

In the case of Marriage, the Name in bold appears somewhere in the spouse sentences just above the Name that is not bold.

I don’t know any way to change that.

I think there are some improvements to the Report writer Sentence Templates in FH V7 when it gets released.

For a long time, Calico Pie have said they are keen to support multiple languages, but we don’t know when.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jorge Planas Campos
Sent: 28 May 2020 16:26

Understood Mike, I did change the Death Tag Sentence. But if there are other Tags, the Death Tag doesn’t come up first to start the Report Sentence, as in the case of Elisabet Carner (see attachments).

Will put back {individual} in the Death Tag but, is there a way to avoid the He/She if Birth or Baptism Tags exist?

And what about the Marriage Tag?

Jorge

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.