Re: Relationships in Family Historian

Sandra Collins

Oh Jeez!!  thank you Mike and everybody else for helping; you all picked up straight away that I am reading it wrongly;  I am just not expecting that extra great there & reading gt x 2 great uncle as gt x2 uncle!!  {I am terrible for reading what I expect to be there & not what is always there, despite the fact I even copied it correctly!!}  Still doesn't make for easy reading on a diagram for me though;  means I'm going to have to engage the brain more now when looking at diagrams & relationships lol!!

As ever this group is always so helpful, thank you all again;  I am now off to recheck all my dna relationships that I thought I'd got right, just in case I've messed up on any of those.  :-)

On 28/5/2020 4:01 PM, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Sandra,

Those multiple great ancestors can get a bit confusing but I think FH has got it correct.

The first thing to check is how to interpret the (x2), and (x3), etc.

So great (x2) great-uncle = great great great-uncle

That is one generation different to great great-uncle

The following lists each generation on a separate line:

            great (x3) grandfather = great great great grandfather

            great (x2) grandfather = great great grandfather      great (x2) great-uncle = great great great-uncle

                                                            great grandfather                                                               great great-uncle

Hope that helps, Mike Tate