Re: Missing birth date

Mike Tate

I am not quite sure what point you are making. In the case of Elisabet Carner the report should say:

Elisabet CARNER made a will on 26 December 1710 in St. Esteve. She died between 1707 and February 1711.”

That assumes the Will event starts its Sentence Template with the {individual} code.

I did try making the bold Name or the He/She conditional on any preceding fact, but could not find a solution.

Remember it is not just whether a Birth or Baptism exists, but whether any fact exists before the Death event, as in the case of Elisabet Carner and Will above.

So the {individual} paradox applies to every fact because any fact can come first.

With {individual} you get the Name if the fact is first or He/She otherwise.

Without {individual} you always get nothing wherever the fact is positioned.

In the case of Marriage, the Name in bold appears somewhere in the spouse sentences just above the Name that is not bold.

I don’t know any way to change that.

I think there are some improvements to the Report writer Sentence Templates in FH V7 when it gets released.

For a long time, Calico Pie have said they are keen to support multiple languages, but we don’t know when.

Regards, Mike Tate