From: family-historian@groups.io [mailto:family-historian@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 24 May 2020 21:37
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Backups, Saves and retrieving data

If you click the Help button in the Revert to Snapshot dialogue it tells you all about when they are taken.

They are taken at most once per day but only when changed data is saved.

That is why I suggested using the Snapshot taken first thing today.

You have not given me any feedback on what the File > Project Window says for Last Updated.

I have to admit that it is very strange for FH to lose data the way you are describing.

Now I presume you know where you are saving the FH Full Backup ZIP files.

They should be named similar to FH Project Backup - <projectname> - 2020-05-23 1234.zip

Where <projectname> is your Project Name and the numbers the date & time created.

If you create them as regularly as you say, there should be lots of them to choose from.

So use File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup and select an appropriate backup from late yesterday.

It will recreate a copy of your Project but with a suffix (2) on its name, so your current Project is not affected.

Does that recover your lost data?

Regards, Mike Tate