Re: Adopted Children how can they linked in?

David Dewick

There is possibly a good reason for a step parent to adopt in that unless a will has been made, a step child does not inherit the step parent’s estate, even if this was what was intended. I lost my inheritance this way.

On 24 May 2020, at 10:58, Victor Markham <victor@...> wrote:

Hi Shirley

Thanks for the clarification.

I would simply leave the daughter under her parents name. The father's new wife simply makes her the step mother of the daughter and has no blood connection. If she did adopt the daughter a mention of this could be made under notes of the daughter. I have not heard or see no reason why a step mother would adopt a child unless she is divorced from the child's father and wanted to take the child with her. If this did happen then a note of this could be mentioned in the daughter's name.

Victor

On 23/05/2020 10:00 pm, Merrifield Alpacas wrote:

Thank you for coming back to me and this scenario is interesting and similar to another line of mine and so now I know where you can add adopted/birth etc it will be very useful.

But the query I had was a married couple had a daughter but sadly after a few years the wife died, then 4 years later the father remarries and the daughter is adopted by the second wife [I’m not actually sure though if this was done legally though].

Regards,

Shirley