Re: Changing Fact Types

Mike Tate

Hi Patrick,

I suspect the root problem is that you are not working through the advice I have posted in enough detail.

The is much advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Importing to Family Historian:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:index#importing_to_family_historian

In particular, there is advice about handling the Uncategorised Data Fields (UDF).

Until such issues are resolved, some Plugins may struggle to cope with them as they don’t know what they mean.

Did you check the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Family Historian Plugins ~ Help and Advice for the Change Any Fact Tag Plugin?

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=plugins:index

I am sure that the UDF tag _ADDR is NOT your Address fact. That _ADDR tag will be listed in the All tab as a UDF.

You say FH lists Address with a Sentence using the word Address on the Facts tab so I assumed it was a custom fact.

Therefore, in the Plugin it is under Tag Set <Custom Facts> with Tag Name EVEN-ADDRESS (or possibly _ATTR-ADDRESS).

To be honest I had not expected you to leap into using the Plugin without asking for further advice.

Migrating GEDCOM from product to product is often more complex than users realise.

Regards, Mike Tate