Re: Changing Fact Types

Patrick Maloney

Hi Mike,

Thanks four very fast and full response.

I originally imported the Gedcom file using the Import feature.

I'll try re-importing to a new project and see what it throws up. Then I'll try the Plugin.

Many thanks,

Patrick

On 19/05/2020 21:20, Mike Tate wrote:

Hi Patrick,

That is quite a common problem when importing GEDCOM from other products.

There is general advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Importing to Family Historian:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:index#importing_to_family_historian

You may well find other abnormalities if you follow the above advice.

There is a Change Any Fact Tag Plugin that will perform the conversion to standard Residence facts.

There is advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Family Historian Plugins:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=plugins:index

That explains how to download Plugins from the Plugin Store and provides Help and Advice for the Plugin mentioned above.

BTW: Did you just open the GEDCOM file, or use File > Project Window > New Project > Import a GEDCOM file as a Project, which is recommended?