Re: Genealogical Proof Standard

Paul Steadman

I have found this discussion both fascinating and enlightening.
I have just returned to my family history after a break of about 10 years, only to discover a few errors in the data I had entered into FH, like mixing the children of my 3x Great grandfather's two families - why after the death of his first wife (Elizabeth Prior b 1805 Little Hallingbury, Essex) did he marry Elizabeth Prior b 1808 from the neighbouring village of Great Hallingbury??????
I was even considering starting afresh and entering all the data again.
Now I know about Genealogical Proof Standards, and Evidentia, my mind is made up. Back to square one and fully document everything as I go.
Thanks everyone who has contributed to this discussion

Paul

On Sat, 9 May 2020 at 10:11, claverterry <terencedicker@...> wrote:
Hilary
I have just over a week to finish my Univ. of Strathclyde Course, after which I will try the 14 day free trial of Evidentia. It now sounds intriguing...have you been surprised at how much you can extract from an English census document, for example?
Terry