Re: Ancestry Message service - update

John & Carol King

I am glad that I'm not the only one seeing a different screen

On Saturday, 9 May 2020, 11:34:42 BST, Lorna Craig via groups.io <l.m.craig@...> wrote:

I see what Bill has described. There are no separate folders for inbox, sent, etc.  The screen looks like the one shown here: https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Messaging-on-Ancestry

Lorna

From: BillH
Sent: 09 May 2020 05:18
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Ancestry Message service - update

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 01:56 PM, Robert Flood wrote:

When I am on Ancestry there is a black menu bar at the top of the page. On the right hand side of that is my name and an avatar, next to that is an envelope. Clicking on the envelope opens a drop down with the last few messages. At the bottom of these is "see all messages", click on that and it opens your "message center". On the left of this page are the options to look at "inbox", "sent", "deleted" and "folders" (if you have created any) plus a search box.

My guess is that you are still on the old message system.  I am on the new message system.  The new message system doesn't look like that.  It has only an "in" box on the left with a list of message "threads".  In the middle it shows the messages for the selected "thread".  On the right it gives information about the person that sent you message.  There is no "sent" or "deleted" folder shown.

Bill