Re: Genealogical Proof Standard

Hilary

Terry
The  good thing with Evidentia is that it allows you to enter and extract the information from each of your sources and add your analysis of the information to reach a conclusion based on all the pieces of evidence you can find.
It is quite surprising how much you can extract from a document when you are guided through the process.
I am not sure if Ed Thompson,  the developer and a Genealogist, has a free or limited trial version as it is a while since I have had to look at his website.

Hilary

On Sat, 9 May 2020, 06:00 claverterry, <terencedicker@...> wrote:
How little did I know that my initial questions would lead to such an extended and interesting discussion. As I said initially, I have an extensive tree but have not formally analysed data and relationships. As a scientist with an analytical mind, I have instinctively and knowingly graded information, and where there is a conflict, attempted to gather more informations (such as witnesses) to bolster or create conclusions. Your latest message, Jan, gives an intersting perspective on the 'Strathclyde philosophy'. But I have a further question. Have you found Evidentia worthwhile (I have no personal knowledge of it)? Would you use it just for 'difficult cases'?

Terry