Re: Genealogical Proof Standard

claverterry

How little did I know that my initial questions would lead to such an extended and interesting discussion. As I said initially, I have an extensive tree but have not formally analysed data and relationships. As a scientist with an analytical mind, I have instinctively and knowingly graded information, and where there is a conflict, attempted to gather more informations (such as witnesses) to bolster or create conclusions. Your latest message, Jan, gives an intersting perspective on the 'Strathclyde philosophy'. But I have a further question. Have you found Evidentia worthwhile (I have no personal knowledge of it)? Would you use it just for 'difficult cases'?

Terry