From: family-historian@groups.io [mailto:family-historian@groups.io] On Behalf Of Edward Sneithe via groups.io
Sent: 10 August 2022 12:55
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Size of my chart. #new

My local commercial printer can print images up to 4 feet wide by 500 feet long. I don't have a chart that size but the capability is there. I have experimented with adjusting the size of the chart and if I keep the image under 30,000 by 30,000 pixels it all works ok using any  of the image formats. I just need to keep the pixels at a level where I can read the details of the boxes on the chart.

When I try to create a PDF I can't seem to get it as one chart but it is separated into many charts in the same PDF, which is not what I want. I just read the file ( https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/single-pdf-page-of-a-diagram/ ) and I will experiment with all the options there but it seems that there can be a limit of 128" or 200" for a chart so I will need to experiment if I can print my chart at a resolution that will be readable.

I was trying to get an all relatives chart and that is relatively large. It is currently 3 ft by 75 ft, ( 36" X 900" )

Thank you all for your suggestions and I will let you know if I can get the chart into a PDF but it may be too large and I may need to come up with another scheme.

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 05:13:45 AM EDT, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Edward,

The best format to produce large diagram charts is usually PDF.

It would help if you told us what size paper your printer handles and the size of the diagram chart as given by Diagram > Diagram Statistics…

Have you followed the advice in FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Single PDF Page of a Diagram’?

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/single-pdf-page-of-a-diagram/

That advises about how to adjust diagram size and scaling particularly for large diagrams.

Regards, Mike Tate