Ancestry Message service - update

Sheila Beer

See below       If they are to believed they are on the case.  Seems they finally believe me that messages sent to someone do not always go into their INBOX but reside, hidden (cause they would not know they've been sent a message) in their SENT file

It's taken me over 2 years to get this far.    I've suggested time and time again that I should test it with one of their own accounts.  Wasn't till Roger, and I (and 2 others joined us) joined forces that we've got this far.

I suggest everyone looks for 'hidden' messages sent to themselves, put their email in their profile and include it in all messages sent.  Another thing that could be done is to add a 'comment', saying you wish to correspond with the tree owner and include your email address, onto a recent ancestor.  That worked successfully for me in a few instances.

Hope this helps users of Ancestry.

Ancestrysupport@...

Mon, 4 May, 14:30 (2 days ago)
to me

Dear Sheila M

Thank you for your patience while we are looking into your issue. We have received a permission form the other Ancestry member Roger to view his account in order to resolve your issue.
I logged into Rogers account and could replicate the issue you were describing therefor I have submitted an Error report regarding this matter and have escalated this issue to our technical department. Unfortunately I would not be able to give you an exact time frame for when this issue might be resolved but can assure you of that we will look into this at our earliest convenience. We regret any frustration this might have caused especially knowing how long it has been since you have reported this problem to us.

If you need additional assistance, reply to this email or feel free to contact us by phone at 0-800-783-1340 from 9 AM to 9 PM GMT, Monday through Friday or from 9 AM - 5:30 PM GMT, Saturday and Sunday.  If you're calling from outside of the UK, please click here for numbers and hours in your region.

Kind regards,

Klinta
Customer Solutions Associate
Ancestry

For more information regarding our products, please follow the links listed below.

ref:_00D15EQ03._5001C1TVMEu:ref