Re: New laptop and upgrading to v7

liz_graydon

On Saturday, 25 June 2022, 15:18:06 BST, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Hi Liz,

I assume that you are going to stop using your old laptop with FH after the migration.

In that case, I suggest you perform the migration with FH V6 first.

You are familiar with its settings so it will be easier to check the migration has gone well.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ‘Family Historian Copy and Migration Guide’:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/family-historian-copy-and-migration-guide/

Note that FH Project Backups do NOT include your custom settings.

Also, FH V7 is strict about the machines it is licenced/installed on.

If you install FH V7 on the old laptop and again on the new laptop you will have used the 2 licences.

Whenever you need to install FH V7 on another laptop in the future it would be more complicated.