Re: Flag

Vyger

Hi Patricia,

I started producing the video but friends have arrived and I believe others could also benefit from the further instruction.

If I don’t publish it tonight I will do so tomorrow morning and email you a link once done. In the meantime keep a copy of the two expressions below, these are basically like computer speak and they just tell Family Historian when to display the little blood drop icon.

Blood connections for selected person

=DnaBloodRelation(%CUR_DGM_ROOT%,%INDI%)

Blood connection to File Root person

=DnaBloodRelation(FileRoot(),%INDI%)

If you are like me you or someone close to you will be the File Root, you can do this by right clicking and selecting the person you want as File Root on the Focus window, right clicking on them and choosing Make File Root. Using the second expression above will then base all the blood relative calculations from that Root person.

Take care and will email you the link once I publish the video.

Jackson

From: family-historian@groups.io [mailto:family-historian@groups.io] On Behalf Of waltonnz
Sent: 22 June 2022 12:09
To: Family Historian <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Flag

Thank you - much appreciated.

Patricia

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 22:59, Vyger <vyger88@...> wrote:

Patricia,

On reflection I will publish a short step by step video that you can work through in your own time. I will send you the link to that video later, if you still need help just ask.

Jackson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 11:44 waltonnz, <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you. I have done as you asked.

Patricia

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 22:23, Vyger <vyger88@...> wrote:

My email is at the end of that video, send me an email and I will send you the instruction sheet I prepared. If you need further help then I am happy to walk you through what you need to do.

Regards

Jackson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 11:12 waltonnz, <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

Thank you for your response. I had already seen all of that video and found it most enlightening. However, I couldn't understand how to achieve my aim. I've even read all I could find on the FH Knowledge base and I'm still confused. Hence my asking for help. I'm 87 years old and a bit slow so I need someone to give me step by step instructions.

Patricia

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 21:38, Vyger <vyger88@...> wrote:

You need to insert an expression into Options > Boxes, look at the second half of my video below.

The expression can be copied from the built DNA diagrams and of course calculate to Root.

Jackson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 05:58 waltonnz, <walton.patricia@...> wrote:

I've set up a flag on my diagrams to show blood relatives - with a blood drop icon below the box. What I want to achieve is that when I add an individual to my database, if they are a blood relative, I would like the diagram to automatically update. I've search everywhere and tried everything but can't make it happen. Could one of you FH experts out there point me in the right direction. I've got as far as choosing Options from the diagram menu - boxes - Record Flag, Blood Relative Tab. Under Features it shows my blood drop icon. Then I tried Add Condition - Expression - Insert Data Reference. But, I can't find one that works. What am I doing wrong?

Patricia

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.