Re: Flag

waltonnz

Thank you - much appreciated.
Patricia

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 22:59, Vyger <vyger88@...> wrote:
Patricia,

On reflection I will publish a short step by step video that you can work through in your own time. I will send you the link to that video later, if you still need help just ask.

Jackson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 11:44 waltonnz, <walton.patricia@...> wrote:
Thank you. I have done as you asked.
Patricia

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 22:23, Vyger <vyger88@...> wrote:
My email is at the end of that video, send me an email and I will send you the instruction sheet I prepared. If you need further help then I am happy to walk you through what you need to do.

Regards

Jackson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 11:12 waltonnz, <walton.patricia@...> wrote:
Thank you for your response. I had already seen all of that video and found it most enlightening. However, I couldn't understand how to achieve my aim. I've even read all I could find on the FH Knowledge base and I'm still confused. Hence my asking for help. I'm 87 years old and a bit slow so I need someone to give me step by step instructions.
Patricia

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 21:38, Vyger <vyger88@...> wrote:
You need to insert an expression into Options > Boxes, look at the second half of my video below.

The expression can be copied from the built DNA diagrams and of course calculate to Root.

Jackson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 05:58 waltonnz, <walton.patricia@...> wrote:
I've set up a flag on my diagrams to show blood relatives - with a blood drop icon below the box. What I want to achieve is that when I add an individual to my database, if they are a blood relative, I would like the diagram to automatically update. I've search everywhere and tried everything but can't make it happen. Could one of you FH experts out there point me in the right direction. I've got as far as choosing Options from the diagram menu - boxes - Record Flag, Blood Relative Tab. Under Features it shows my blood drop icon. Then I tried Add Condition - Expression - Insert Data Reference. But, I can't find one that works. What am I doing wrong?
Patricia