Create GEDCOM without living persons (except self)

Helen at Darlington

I wish to create a GEDCOM without living persons, to upload to MyHeritage. I understand I can use a Flag, so my first question is:
  • Is the process of putting persons on a 'living' or 'private' record flag automated, or do I need to seek out each record?
I have installed the 'Clean Living Persons' plugin which works on GEDCOMS. My second question is:
  • In what order do I do the various stages of making this GEDCOM? Is it flagging of records first, then GEDCOM creation, then tweaking with the Plugin?