Re: copy and paste website links

Adrian Bruce

On Wed, 11 May 2022 at 12:37, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:
...I have experimented with copy & paste of ‘tables’ on various web pages with mixed results.

It seems to vary depending on how the HTML has been formatted. ...

I would certainly support that conclusion from memory. Some stuff pastes over neatly. Some is formatted chaotically, even though it looks similar on the original screen. I'm sure I can't paste (formatted) results from the GRO Index site but can paste similar formatted data from other sites. There are so many ways of formatting output  that I find it difficult to understand how anyone can program a copy and paste consistently. And of course, Ancestry, etc, can, and will, change their coding all the time.

Adrian