Re: Rearrange Address and Places Parts Plugin

David Hodgson-Brown

Thanks for the clarification.

I am not definitely going to do this, but reading the information on Gedcom 7 from the LDS I think it is implying that ‘Place’ is more like a legal entity, whereas the address is definitely one that can be used as a postal address so needs to be compete.

David

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 25 April 2022 10:39
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Rearrange Address and Places Parts Plugin

Hi David,

The first thing to do is use Tools > Work with Data > Addresses and increase the number of Columns to 10 (or whatever you think you need).

You must decide how columns need to be reserved for Addresses.

Let us assume 5 for sake of argument. i.e. None of your Addresses needs more than 5 columns.

It also assumes that none of your Places needs more than 5 columns, because Address columns + Place columns must be no more than 10.

Run the Plugin and note that Address 1 to Address 5 will remain unchanged to Address columns intact.

In the Address 6 drop list select Place 1.

In the Address 7 drop list select Place 2.

and so on until

In the Address 10 drop list select Place 5.

That is it.

BTW: Why do you think this rearrangement is a good idea?

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Hodgson-Brown
Sent: 25 April 2022 09:39
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Rearrange Address and Places Parts Plugin

Hi All

I would like to add the place to all my address entries. It must be my ‘senior moment’, but I can’t work out how to set this up in the plugin. Can anybody help please.

Thanks

David

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.