Re: Chart defaults

Mike Tate

Hi Ian,

Sorry, but the answer is a bit long-winded.

BTW: It helps us if you tell us which FH version you are using. I suspect FH V6?

In general, the Diagram > Save Diagram As… > Custom Diagram Type… command is necessary for each style of Diagram.

There are no global settings except for the core Diagrams as explained below.

However, the core Diagrams: Ancestors, Descendants, Ancestors & Descendants, and All Relatives share the same settings.

So once you have customised the Boxes tab Conditions for one of those they are all customised the same way.

Custom Diagram Types essentially save just the Diagram > Options… settings and I think inserted boxes and pictures.

Family Historian Charts save everything: settings, inserted trees, boxes & pictures, tree root individuals/families, resized & repositioned boxes, etc.

However, these charts are not ‘frozen’ and if relevant new Individuals or new Facts are added to your Project then the chart will get updated.

Mike Tate