From 1841 to 1921 and also 1939

For each condition, select it then click on 'Edit Features', tick the 'Icon' box and select an appropriate icon - I use the built in ones (I think they are built in?) that look like baggage tags with a number on, so for 1841 it is 41 etc

These will show on all Diagrams you open

Best Wishes

Neil.

------ Original Message ------
From: fh@...
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Monday, 21 Mar, 2022 At 16:25
Subject: [family-historian] Chart defaults

I laboriously set up icons for each UK census to appear on an Everyone chart (Boxes/add condition), and carefully clicked through the 'Set as defaults' dialogue.
Closed chart. On opening an Everyone chart next time, no icons/no conditions. Having RTFMd, I now see that I should have "save[d] a configuration of the Diagram Window as a new diagram type, by clicking on Save Diagram As… on the File menu, and then selecting Custom Diagram Type." And later opened that saved chart if I wanted Everyone with census icons.

But. But I would like the same icons/conditions, etc., to apply on other charts (say, all relatives, Ancestors, etc.). Do I have to go through the whole setup for each type of chart I wish to use?

Is there no way of saving a global set of conditions or preferences for charts?

And, as an aside, when is a Saved Chart a Custom Diagram, or vice versa?

Ian

--
Neil Grantham