Re: Collaborative Working

Allan Knodel

Ancestral Quest does have a collaboration feature, but each person you want to work with would have to purchase the program. Although you can use a free basic program, you can't try out the collaboration feature for free.

You can read more about it here: http://www.ancquest.com/aq_collab.htm

Allan

On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 at 01:36, Tony Chronnell <tony.chronnell@...> wrote:
Hi.

I have just inherited the family tree from my recently deceased father who used Historian. There are a couple of my second cousins who would also like to use this data to add their own various family branches to. I've seen a few posts here of people sharing files on OneDrive or similar, but my question is whether this is a reliable way of working collaboratively on the same data when using Historian? Or, as I would need to purchase Historian anyway, should I just bite the bullet and move to a different software package?

Thanks in advance,

Tony