Re: Advice wanted on improving my tree

Michael Thomas

Please excuse my interjection.

I have been following this group after asking Mike Tate (sp.?) a question
months ago. You are all way ahead of me !

Lorna has raised an excellent point about the ‘extra bits of information
about other people’ on a single document.

This resonated with me as it happened to me yesterday. You will know that
the 1921 Census has just become available so I decided to explore my
paternal line as I have neglected this.

Straightaway I came across my grandparents’ marriage certificate which was
fine except that I had not looked carefully at the witnesses. One was a
familiar great-aunt, but the other was quite new to me and carrying my
family surname.

I called a cousin who is related to the cosignatory – nothing at all except
surprise. Now I must start from scratch without even a birth or death
date/year.

Lorna’s methodology seems totally logical to me.

Best wishes,

Michael Thomas