Re: Occupation, how to force FH to display the preferred Occupation?

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Joop, your whole new world already exists...

FH7 supports report plugins. Have a look in the Plugin Help under Special Plugin types. There are examples in C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\Reports\lua and some in the Plugin Store at Report Plugins – Plugin Store (family-historian.co.uk)

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of j.van.beek@...
Sent: 12 January 2022 10:36
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Occupation, how to force FH to display the preferred Occupation?

Hi Lorna,

Yes, I've been using several workarounds for years (bundling occupations (with dates as text, using sort dates (in TMG, it's bothersome in FH) etc.). But what I don't understand is why it's not a standard reporting functionality to improve the narratives by having the option to group single dated occupation events into a paragraph (or sentence) to separate this non BMD info from popping up in between the BMD events.

As to creating a reporting plugin... if an entry point like DEA for the entry of sources would exist for reports, a whole new world would be available to us. :)

Who knows... FH8 maybe? :)

Joop