From: "Derek Kain" <genealogist15@...>
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, 11 Jan, 2022 At 19:04
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Non use of default browser but uses microsoft browser

Hello Neil,
I wish to point out that Mike gave me a lot of advice, most of which I had already done. The default browser has been set for Chrome for over a year.
Where I used the word 'preferred' was not meant to be. Not being too well, I had used the incorrect word for that phrase.
All the comments you are making seem to be irrelevant now unless you have nothing better to do. Why bring the NHS into it?
Derek

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 18:37, Neil Grantham via groups.io <neil40=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

It was just an observation.

Unless you change your default browser as Mike directed you, this will always happen, as there is a big difference between 'preferred' and 'default'

The former is what you choose to browse with and the latter what will open from plugins, links etc. as that's what Windows knows to use until you change it.

Your annoyance would be compounded if you worked for the NHS as many online applications they use are coded to work with Edge, so the option to change default is disabled!!

Best Wishes

Neil

Sent via BT Email App