Re: Non use of default browser but uses microsoft browser

Derek Kain

Hello Mike,
Your comments just received are appreciated and appropriate.
Some readers do tend to miss some of the comments made and some take things literally.
I found a lot of writers to this and others come to that, write as they think and do not always put down exactly what they meant to.
Should that be held against them. I think not.
Anyway, everything is sorted now for me. You all have a nice Easter.
Maybe I'll have another problem to sort out by then. Neil, you can then help from the beginning.
Derek

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 19:04, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

The point that Neil has overlooked is that you are signed in to FindMyPast (FMP) in Google Chrome.

If the plugin opens the Edge, the FMP searches won’t work because you are not signed in to FMP in the Edge.

It is nothing to do with rendering engines or the Edge itself being annoying.

It is the practicalities of the sign in being associated with a specific browser.