Re: Non use of default browser but uses microsoft browser

Derek Kain

Hello Mike,
Yes, I still set the default browser  Google Chrome.
image.png
I appreciate all your help but it's certainly baffling me. Also causing me some irritation. Have looked at Microsoft help but that mainly refers to something about Office 365? Cannot find the help I need.
Derek Kain

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 10:22, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Sorry Derek, but although you say Google Chrome is your ‘preferred’ browser, I don’t think it is set as the Windows default browser.

You say that something is not set up correctly and cannot find out what. Well, I gave you the steps to find out.

Have you performed either of those steps I provided to check Google Chrome is the Windows default browser?

You may have set that in the past, but Windows Updates have a habit of resetting that to the Edge.

That is especially true with the recent changes to the Edge that Microsoft want you to use.

So please just follow the steps I have given and let me know how you get on.