Re: Non use of default browser but uses microsoft browser

Derek Kain

Hello BillH and Mike,
Yes I do have Google Chrome set as my prefered browser.
I also should point out that I use two screens. Chrome is shown in the second screen.
Family Historian is used in the first main screen.
I click on the TOOLS menu then PLUGINS. Open 'Lookup Missing Census Facts' and get
image.png
Then click on Lookup Missing Census Facts. A list of records appears and I select the person I want. Click on OK. Then I get
image.png
image.png
image.png
Are the above snips of Microsoft Edge or not?
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong except that something is not set up correctly and I cannot find out what?
Derek Kain

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 22:06, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Thanks, Bill.

I suspect Derek may be using Google Chrome by manually choosing to open it.

However, it is not set as the default browser as far as Windows is concerned.

With Google Chrome open, click the three vertical dots top right and then choose Settings.

In the Settings page choose Default browser on the left and then click Make default in the middle.

Alternatively, in Windows 10 use Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Scroll down to Web browser that probably has the Edge icon, then click on it and choose Google Chrome.

Now it should be your default browser instead of the Edge.