Re: Non use of default browser but uses microsoft browser

Mike Tate

Thanks, Bill.

I suspect Derek may be using Google Chrome by manually choosing to open it.

However, it is not set as the default browser as far as Windows is concerned.

With Google Chrome open, click the three vertical dots top right and then choose Settings.

In the Settings page choose Default browser on the left and then click Make default in the middle.

Alternatively, in Windows 10 use Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Scroll down to Web browser that probably has the Edge icon, then click on it and choose Google Chrome.

Now it should be your default browser instead of the Edge.