From: Neil Grantham via groups.io
Sent: 10 January 2022 14:46
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Census Expressions

Mike said: Firstly, the Record Flags are not involved whatsoever, because you are using Expressions.

I advise you to delete all those Census 1841 to 1939 Flags and avoid any future confusion.

Why do I want to do that? As far as I am aware all I have done is add expressions to add visual aids - extra columns to see which people have census entries added, and Diagram box icons.

I had initially thought the expressions weren't working as several with 1939 facts don't show ticks or flags, but it would appear to be to do with Source Types?

Lorna said: The solution is to change all the 1939 Source Types to 'Census' (this doesn't affect the Titles) or add another Expression to the diagram scheme, testing for the name of your 1939 Source types.

I'm not sure where I would do this!

Taking my grandfather as an example, in the All Events query, it has

Date - 29 Sep 1939, Event Type - Census, Source - Register 1939 Coventry

In the Focus Window, Fact Tab, if I click the 1939 entry, it says it is a Census and Sources for: Census [3]*

I have just compared the Citation to one of the people who are getting ticks and flags and he has Generic Type: Census, whereas my grandfather is Generic Type: Register - is it this I need to change?

Thanks for your patience!

Best Wishes

Neil.