Occupation, how to force FH to display the preferred Occupation?

Helen Dignum

Many people have more than one occupation during their lives: Scholar, Apprentice Cooper, Cooper, Master Cooper, from censuses etc giving different facts at different times.

I want to make FH display the favoured (most representative of their life) occupation eg Cooper in the front page of the person and in a diagram.
I can do a workaround creating a new fact Occupation dated just after they are born to force it to be the earliest occupation fact.
I had hoped that an undated Occupation fact might have the same effect, but does not seem to.
Is there a better way?
Using FH7.0.9