Re: Census Expressions

Neil Grantham

Hi Lorna

Yes, for my 1939 column in Records and Flag in Diagrams I have =IsTrue(%INDI.CENS[year=1939].SOUR>_TYPE% = "Census")

If I run All Events query, and sort on the date column, all those for 29 Sep 1939 have event type Census

If I save that as a custom query and add a source column they are all listed with Register 1939 xxxx where xxxx is the name added by AS (I think?)

Best Wishes

Neil.

------ Original Message ------
To: "family-historian@groups.io" <family-historian@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, 9 Jan, 2022 At 23:26
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Census Expressions

(Sending this again because I realise I forgot to remove an ‘image’ of a line from the bottom of the reply first time, so it will be delayed. Apologies.)

Neil,

Are you sing the expression =IsTrue(%INDI.CENS[year=1939].SOUR>_TYPE% = "Census") ?

You have 29 people with a 1939 census Event but do they all have a Source type of ‘Census’?

Lorna

Sent: 09 January 2022 23:04
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Census Expressions

Mike

Using All Event query and sorting on Event Type (presume you meant that as there isn't a Fact Type Column), I have 29 people with a 1939 'census event' but in the Records Window just 8. So, I presume that I hadn't got AS set correctly with the Flag options.

I used Flag Batch add in AS Tools and found the 29 people when unticking the Source Filter (8 found when ticked), then apply the 1939 Register Flag, but it's made no difference to the Record 'ticks' for the 1939 column or icons on my Diagrams

Best Wishes

Neil.

--
Neil Grantham
-------------------
Using FH 7 & AS 7
Researching Grantham, Skuce, Barrow, Birchall.

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.