Re: Collaborative Working

Chris Thomas

Hi Tony,

I don't know if this would be any use to you, but...  I use FH on my desktop and laptop.  Each of these obviously has the data files on their own hard drives, but I keep these in synch. using a piece of software called SpiderOakONE - this backs up important files to the cloud, allows one to synchronise between two (or more) PCs - and to share files/folders with others.  Each person synchronising and working on Family Historian and SpiderOakONE would obviously need to buy the softwares to install on their PCs.

Other than that I don't know of any way to share the work using independent software - you may need to move to one of the online resources (Ancestry, FindMyPast, etc.) that allow you to give permissions to other users.

Regards,

Chris

On 03/01/2022 09:25, Tony Chronnell wrote:
Hi.

I have just inherited the family tree from my recently deceased father who used Historian. There are a couple of my second cousins who would also like to use this data to add their own various family branches to. I've seen a few posts here of people sharing files on OneDrive or similar, but my question is whether this is a reliable way of working collaboratively on the same data when using Historian? Or, as I would need to purchase Historian anyway, should I just bite the bullet and move to a different software package?

Thanks in advance,

Tony