Re: Merging multiple copies of Media files

Mike Tate

But Ray does not say he has multi-page documents, but that he has multiple copies of files, which I took to mean duplicates of the same image.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Bottomley via groups.io
Sent: 30 April 2020 23:20
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Merging multiple copies of Media files

Mike, I was presuming Ray had several images (pages if you like) of a document that linked to a single fact. Without converting them into a single multipage image they would only be viewed one at a time. I had exactly the same issue with a war diary which I initially scanned into individual images (1 for each page). I had linked all these to a single fact (Enlistment). I later linked them all again to the Discharge fact. A long winded process for 20 images but now with a single multipage image the process is much more streamlined and to me at least make for a much easier experience when I read the document. Regards Brian

Date: 30/04/2020 19:10 (GMT+00:00)

I Have managed to aquire multiple copies of media files, Is it possible to merge of a single media, or must it be done one at a time?

Regards Ray Gadney