Re: Fan Chart - content beyond 5th gen

Tom H

I see this is an old Wishlist item having only 9 votes and a score of 31 (https://www.fhug.org.uk/wishlist/wldisplay.php?wlwlref=515) so that probably explains no movement on it in over a decade. My vote would not change it by very much as it is not an Essential, compared to other things. One can work around it by exporting to other software.

The comparison chart is from RM8 and has its own problem with loss of visible data when the box gets too narrow for a long name that needs two lines but it is generally more legible (or, more accurately, the data is more complete) after several generations. It rotates the text by 90 degrees after the 5th generation. And it's not interactive; it is purely an output.