From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of colevalleygirl@...
Sent: 14 December 2021 12:27
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Narrative reports

I’ve also been on Windows 11 from some time, with no issues at all.

Mike tends to the ultra-cautious end of the spectrum. I’m somewhere in the middle.  I reviewed Windows 11 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Docs to check that none of the known issues would affect me before I updated (it’s in tech-speak, but the key thing is the column that says Resolved or Mitigated for all of them bar one (which is NOT going to affect you). If you have a lot of devices (printers, scanners, webcams etc.)  attached to your PC, it’s as well to check that they’re supported before updating, especially if they’re very old devices, but if Microsoft told you your PC could upgrade to Windows 11, they’d done some basic checks on your configuration first.