Re: Narrative reports

Victor Markham

ForĀ  start

From the top select

Publish. This will open a drop down menu

From this menu you have 3 choices 1. Ancestors by genration, 2. Descendants by generation and 3 Individual

You select how many generations you want in the report.

This will generate a report. You can print directly from this in PDF format or save it to you file in PDF or Rich Text Format or simply text

If you save it in RTF you can make any adjustment (e,g. make images larger). I then save it in Word. PDF format wont allow you to make any adjustments

If you save it in RTF or Word and make adjustment go to Index and right click this will revise the index

Hope tis helps

Victor

On 13/12/2021 9:30 pm, stoddarm@... wrote:
Victor,
I am running win11 and FH 7.0.8.2. I just ran an Ancestors by Generation Report and it shows pictures of individuals but nothing else. I don't work with Narrative Reports so you would have to walk me through the settings for further testing. "Nothing else" may be what I am asking for. I am a beginner level FH user.
This thread got me to wondering about Publishing Books results which is what I work with and that does show the pictures I would expect...marriage records, gravestones and so forth.

-----Original Message-----
From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 11:08 AM
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Narrative reports

Victor,
I very much doubt if Win 11 has anything to do with it.
Anyway, I am avoiding Win 11 as many gurus suggest it is effectively a beta release and not fit for purpose.

The fact that relinking the same image works OK also suggests it is not a Win 11 issue.

I've an inkling that I've dealt with that set of greyed out options before, but cannot recall the details.
Perhaps a screenshot would help, better in the FHUG Forum than here.