Re: Narrative reports

Mike Tate

Victor,
You need to check the Media record File Links for those images.
Do they refer to the Project internal Media folder or do they have a full path from drive letter and folders to the image file?
Use File Explorer to check whether the image files actually exist at the specified location on disk.

Use the FH command Tools > External File Links... and tick Show Broken Links Only.
I would expect that to list your problematic images and confirm that they are not saved on disk where FH expects.
You can try the Auto Repair Links button that tries to locate those missing images and correct the File Links.

Is it possible that some reorganisation files on your PC may have accidentally moved or deleted those images?

-----Original Message-----
From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor Markham via groups.io
Sent: 12 December 2021 21:10
To: Family History <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Narrative reports

In the past when I did a narrative report it included images like census and BMD certificates

Now it does not include any of the above. I have just checked the images and prompted edit. It states 'link details not applicable' which is why these images do not appear

I have looked to see if I can restore the link details but couldn't find anything.

This was the first time I have done a narrative report since the latest upgrade.

Anyone know how I can get these imges to be included in the report?

Victor

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.