From: "Victor Markham via groups.io" <victor@...>
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Monday, 29 Nov, 2021 At 21:51
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Printing

Sorry for the omission of the detail I saved the file in. It was CSV I subsequently saved it as excel file with the same result.

I have just tested the PDF version and it, as you say, similar the FH internal version.

Saving on CSV I adjust the spreadsheet settings and it doesn't give the same result as FH internal version. I have checked all settings there was nothing I could do to make it like FH or PDF

In future I will think twice about saving things as CSV

On 29/11/2021 5:18 pm, Mike Tate wrote:

I agree with Helen. It would have been much simpler to use the FHUG Forum.

You omitted an important detail ~ what type of file did you save to: PDF, CSV, Text?

Depending on the application program that handles those file types the printout can vary dramatically.

When I tried PDF, the saved file was virtually identical to the FH internal printed version with the same numbered pages, headings, etc.

Save to a CSV spreadsheet file and the printout format will depend on the spreadsheet program’s settings, page orientation, etc.

Save to a Text file which is plain text with no formatting and you lose tidy columns and page numbering.

I’m not sure what else you could have expected with those file types.

--
Neil Grantham